(Click for high-res
Waves SoundGrid® Studio System
Contact: Clyne Media, Inc.
Tel: (615) 662-1616
Fax: (615) 662-1636
Waves Audio Announces SoundGrid® Studio System
THE NAMM SHOW, ANAHEIM, CA, January 23, 2014 —Waves Audio (booth 6824) introduces the SoundGrid® Studio System, an open platform that seamlessly integrates with all DAWs and SoundGrid-compatible I/Os. With the SoundGrid Studio System, users can run a nearly unlimited amount of plugins; track and rehearse with full-on effects and near-zero latency; connect everything and everyone through a centralized hub; and network with multiple DAWs. Furthermore, the system is compatible with both Waves and third-party plugins.
The SoundGrid Studio System includes the following components:
- SoundGrid Studio Application – Smoothly integrates with all DAWs and SoundGrid-compatible I/Os, providing endless possibilities for setups of every size, from a single DAW with one SoundGrid I/O, to a whole network of host computers, I/Os and SoundGrid DSP servers.
- eMotion ST – The mixer component of the SoundGrid System. Integrates with StudioRack and lets users run SoundGrid plugins for low-latency monitoring and rehearsing outside of their DAW.
- 8 input channels, 64 inputs from StudioRack
- 2 stereo FX, 6 stereo aux buss/return, and a main mix buss
- 8 insert slots per channel for SoundGrid plugins
- Connect multiple SoundGrid-compatible devices and hosts
- StudioRack Virtual Plugin Rack – A virtual plugin rack designed to run plugin chains and offload plugin processing to a SoundGrid DSP server. The StudioRack plugin opens as an insert on any channel, letting users run chains of up to eight plugins per rack, with the option of directing the processing to a host computer CPU or a SoundGrid DSP server.
- Compatible with Waves and third-party plugins
- Bridges Pro Tools’ HDX DSP and the SoundGrid DSP server in order to process plugins in low latency while recording
- Intuitive MIDI and quick-access controls
- Monitor mix integration with eMotion ST
Visit www.waves.com for more information.
Photo File: SoundGrid_Studio.JPG
About Waves Ltd.:
From its start in the early '90s with the introduction of the Q10 equalizer plugin, Waves, the world’s leading developer of audio DSP solutions for professional, broadcast, and consumer electronics audio markets, has gone on to develop a comprehensive line of over 130 audio plugins including industry standards like the L1 and L2 Ultramaximizers, popular vintage console models, and innovative mixing tools like Vocal Rider and the Artist Signature Series. For its accomplishments, in 2011 Waves received a Technical GRAMMY® award, and the Q10 was selected as an inductee into the TECnology Hall of Fame. Waves technologies are now used to improve sound quality in virtually every sector of the audio market, from recording, mixing, mastering and post-production to broadcast, live sound, and consumer electronics. Waves has over 20 years of expertise in the development of psycho-acoustic signal processing algorithms that leverage knowledge on the human perception of hearing to radically improve perceived sound quality. Waves’ award-winning processors are utilized to improve sound quality in the creation of hit records, major motion pictures, and top-selling video games worldwide. Waves offers computer software solutions, as well as hardware-plus-software solutions, for the professional and broadcast markets. Under its Maxx brand, Waves offers semiconductor and licensable algorithms for consumer electronics applications. Waves Maxx technologies dramatically enhance audio performance and are used by industry leaders such as Dell, ASUS, JVC and many others.
All other product names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Waves.
North America Offices:
Waves, Inc., 2800 Merchants Drive, Knoxville, TN 37912;
Tel: 865-909-9200, Fax: 865-909-9245, Email: email@example.com, Web: http://www.waves.com
Corporate Headquarters Israel:
Waves Ltd., Azrieli Center, The Triangle Tower, 32nd Floor
Tel Aviv 67023, Israel; Tel: 972-3-608-4000, Fax: 972-3-608-4056, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Waves Public Relations:
Clyne Media, Inc., 169-B Belle Forest Circle, Nashville, TN 37221;
Tel: 615-662-1616, Fax: 615-662-1636, Email: email@example.com,
Waves Audio is exhibiting at booth 6824 at the 2014 NAMM Show in Anaheim, CA.