Contact: Clyne Media, Inc.
Tel: (615) 662-1616
Fax: (615) 662-1636
VOCAL RIDER, A REVOLUTIONARY PLUG-IN FOR MIXING
Vocal Rider intelligently raises or lowers vocal volume without coloring
or compression —
AVIV, ISRAEL, November 16, 2009 — Waves Audio is now shipping
Vocal Rider, the first of Waves’ pioneering series of innovative
new Mixing tools. Vocal Rider is indispensable for mixers and recording
engineers, automatically riding the levels of vocal tracks. Instead
of manually riding a console fader, or tediously drawing in every
level change on a DAW track, Vocal Rider does it automatically, making
it a true timesaver.
the user sets the target range of the vocal level in relation to the
rest of the mix. Vocal Rider then compensates for all deviations from
the target, intelligently raising or lowering the vocal volume, instantly.
Unlike compression, Vocal Rider adds absolutely no additional coloring
to the track.
- Allows users to keep steady vocal and dialog levels automatically.
- Saves time by automating the vocal riding part of the mixing process.
- Writes the automatic riding to an automation track for fine tuning.
- Real-time means no latency and no pre-scan needed.
- Up to 24-bit 96kHz resolution.
- Supports TDM, RTAS, Audio Suite, VST, AU.
- Windows 7 and Mac OS X compatible.
- Target sets the reference range for vocal mix positioning.
- Vocal Sensitivity differentiates vocal content
from noise floor and ambience.
- Vocal Activity LED indicates when vocal activity
- Attack sets the vocal detection attack behavior.
- Music Sensitivity determines the amount Vocal Rider
adapts to instrumental levels.
- Music Sensitivity LED indicates
Vocal Rider’s response to instrumental levels.
- Range Min/Max set the boundaries of the Rider Fader
- Effective Range displays the total gain range available
for automatic riding.
- Idle Arrow sets the Rider Fader value when there
is no vocal activity.
- Rider Fader is Vocal Rider’s automatic control.
- Automation Mode controls the Rider Fader operation.
- Output trims the vocal output gain, post-auto riding.
- Clip LED shows when output is
Vocal Rider has an MSRP of $400.00 Native/$800.00 TDM. Waves Mercury
V7 owners covered by Waves Update Plan receive Vocal Rider at no additional
charge. Waves Vocal Rider is now available from authorized Waves dealers
and online. For more information, please visit www.waves.com.
Waves is a leading provider of audio DSP solutions for professional,
broadcast, and consumer electronics audio markets. Waves has over
15 years of expertise in the development of psycho-acoustic signal
processing algorithms that leverage knowledge on the human perception
of hearing to radically improve perceived sound quality. Waves’
award-winning processors are utilized to improve sound quality in
the creation of hit records, major motion pictures, and popular video
games worldwide. Waves offers computer software solutions as well
as hardware plus software solutions for the professional and broadcast
markets. Under its Maxx brand, Waves offers semiconductor and licensable
algorithms for consumer electronics applications. Waves’ Maxx
technologies dramatically enhance audio performance and are used by
industry leaders such as Sony, Sanyo, JVC, Toshiba, and many others.
For more information, visit the Waves web site at http://www.waves.com.
other product names and trademarks are the property of their respective
owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Waves.
Waves, Inc., 2800 Merchants
Drive, Knoxville, TN 37912;
Tel: 865-909-9200, Fax:
865-909-9245, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Web: http://www.waves.com
Waves Ltd., Azrieli Center,
The Triangle Tower, 32nd Floor
Tel Aviv 67023, Israel;
Tel: 972-3-608-4000, Fax: 972-3-608-4056, Email: email@example.com,
Clyne Media, Inc., 169-B
Belle Forest Circle, Nashville, TN 37221;
Tel: 615-662-1616, Fax:
615-662-1636, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,