WHO: Roland, Serato and BPM Supreme partnering with leading DJ schools Electronic Music Collective (Thursday, 1/24), Scratch DJ Academy (Friday, 1/25), Beat Refinery (Saturday, 1/26), as well as producer collective Supercard (Sunday, 1/27), offering educational and hands-on DJ experiences all four days of NAMM 2019 in Anaheim.
WHAT: “Roland Cloud Academy DJ EduTakeover,” a series of all-day DJ educational events covering the basics of drum machines, DJ production techniques, sampling, looping, live remixing, mashups, and much more – with lots of specific instruction on Roland’s line of DJ tools and plenty of live performances from special guest master DJ’s. For specific session times, visit the Roland booth for more details.
WHEN: Jan. 24 – 27, 2019, 11 a.m. through 5 p.m. each day (guest DJ demo/performances below)
- Thurs. Jan. 24 (2:00p Chris Annibell, 5:00p Mark De Clive-Lowe)
- Fri., Jan. 25 (4:00p Statik Link, 5:00p DJ Revolution)
- Sat., Jan. 26 (1:00p DJ As-One, 5:00p DJ Throdown)
- Sun., Jan. 27 (1:30p Vinroc, 2:00p Ras G, 2:50p DIBIA$E, 3:45p Elaquent, 4:40p 14KT)
WHERE: The NAMM Show, Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, CA; Roland exhibit #10702, Hall A
Also, the Roland DJ Cloud Academy will be the site of exclusive all-day challenges, where visitors can test their DJ skills and compete to win great prizes. (All completed challenges will receive Roland / BPM Supreme swag.):
- Level 1 Challenge: Play sequencer patterns on TR-S and sync to a song; Prize: TR-808 Serato Pressing (1 prize per day)
- Level 2 Challenge: Create a beat on the TR sequencer and sync to a song in Serato DJ Pro; Prize: Serato DJ Suite License (1 prize per day)
- Level 3 Challenge: Re-create TR-808 beat from Strafe’s “Set It Off” using TR-S; Prize: V-MODA Aira M-100 Headphones (1 prize per day)
- Level 4 Challenge: Create and record a one-minute remix of Stevie Wonder’s “Sir Duke” using the TR-S and Pitch Play; Prize: Roland DJ-505 (1 prize per day)