KNOXVILLE, TN, October 26, 2018— Waves Audio , the world’s leading developer of professional audio signal processing technologies, opens pre-orders for the Waves SoundGrid® Mobile Server.
Don't be fooled by its size; the SoundGrid Moblie server definitely packs a powerful punch. With an Intel® Core™ i5 processor and 4 GB of RAM, the SoundGrid Mobile server allows you to pile on quite a bit of processing tasks, making it suitable to power your plugins in small live shows as well as in the studio.
No different than the full sized, rack-mountable SoundGrid servers, latency is extremely low as ever: 0.8 ms at 44.1–96kHz. This positions the SoundGrid Mobile Server in an exceptional price/performance sweet spot for mobile DSP.
Paired with a SoundGrid audio interface, the Mobile server allows you to record and monitor through plugins in real time. With a non-SoundGrid interface, it takes the plugin processing load off your computer during mixing and editing sessions.
Small but mighty, the SoundGrid Mobile server fits in your backpack alongside your laptop, audio interface and headphones, and you still have room for more. The carefully designed aluminum casing makes it a tough companion, great for traveling, mixing small live shows and for the studio. Take it anywhere you go and boost your plugin processing power.
SoundGrid Mobile Server features:
- Boost your plugin processing power live or in the studio
- Plugin processing power that goes with you
- Fits in your backpack with room for more
- Exceptional price/performance sweet spot for mobile DSP
- Ultra-low latency: as low as 0.8 milliseconds at 44.1–96kHz
- Durable aluminum casing
- Use with any SoundGrid audio interface for real-time processing for live-mixing / recording with plugins
- Offload plugin processing from your computer to the server, using the audio interface you already have*
- CPU: Intel® Skylake Core™ i5-6200u
- RAM 4 GB
- Power: DC12V 3A
- 6-month warranty
*Compatible with any ASIO/Core Audio driver supporting multi-client operation and 44.1–96 kHz. To offload plugin processing from your computer’s CPU to a SoundGrid server when using your existing (non-SoundGrid) audio interface (learn more ).
To learn more: https://www.waves.com/hardware/soundgrid-mobile-server
How to Offload Your Plugin Processing to a SoundGrid Server: https://youtu.be/S_TyHL8l8j8
Mixing with More Plugin Processing Power in Your Studio: https://youtu.be/uPxvSIGw0Co
SoundGrid in the Studio: Record with Plugins. Without the Latency: https://youtu.be/l4jDz12_jwk